Buzzzmedia is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Buzzzmedia may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 October 2013.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Your Facebook information if you are signing up via Facebook connect (This will authenticate your identity and link your Facebook Profile information, such as your name and email address, to your account with us. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network)
- Your location, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you create a campaign, or join as a campaign team member, you will provide us with the following personal information in addition to the personal information you provide when you register to be a member:
- Your legal person or business name
- Your legal physical address
- Your Tax ID (if you are a business)
- Your date of birth
- Your PayPal account information (if accepting payments via PayPal)
- Your bank account information
As a contributor, you may provide:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Ship-to information
- Your billing name and address
- Your PayPal e-mail address
- Your bank account information
You may be asked further information in order to help validate your identity:
- Your gender
- Your driver’s license information, government issued identification number
- Other personally identifiable information as we need for verification
- We may obtain address information about you from third party sourcesfor fraud prevention or for legal compliance
We may also collect personal information from you as a result of your email communications with us or your posts which we may retain along with our responses.
Any personal information you post as member content is available to the public without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality. Copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your member content even if you remove the member content. To request removal of your personal information from these areas of the site, contact us using the information below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. The profile you create on our site will be publically visible. You may change the visibility settings of your contributions, and the types of information it may disclose, on the “My Contributions” page, and/or when you take specific actions on the site that provide you the option of anonymity.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied users on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the information below.
When you use our mobile site, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location based services, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
We require this information for the purpose of implementing the CHA Project and other such projects, and in particular for the following reasons:
We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you updates and for the purpose of implementing the CHA Project. For example (and not limited) to:
- Register as a Member and to identify you when you sign-in to your account
- Administer your account or funds
- Internal record keeping
- Analysis of data collected for study
- Respond to your inquiries, queries, customer service requests, complaints or job application
- Verify activity as we deem necessary
- Send you a newsletter or other promotional communications
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our service or customize our communications with you
- Communicate with you
- Customize the website according to your interests
- Contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
Sharing with third parties
- Your name, email and shipping address with the campaign owner or campaign team member for delivery of such items as required
- Your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with reporting requirements, summons, or similar legal process
- In connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity or as we believe reasonably necessary to protect or enforce our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payments, accepting job applications and offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are obligated to keep your information confidential. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our service providers while preserving the look and feel of our site, such as when you enter credit card information. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to Buzzzmedia.
If Buzzzmedia is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets or bankruptcy, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
User Access and Choice
You maydecline to submit your personal information to us; in which case, you may not be able to become a Member, access our website or use certain services.
If yourpersonal information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by making the change on your user account “Settings” page, by contacting us. If you no longer desire our service, you may deactivate/delete your account entirely from the account “Settings” page if available, or contact us directly. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to URLs, other websites, blogs, forums and social media widgets
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Our Website offers a publicly accessible blog. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be displayed publicly and read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
You agree that the laws of Singapore will govern any dispute and the Courts of Singapore will have jurisdiction.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.